Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Recipe For Mango Salsa from Maui, The Magic Isle

Here is a great salsa recipe. You can pretend you're on Maui while you're savoring this. You need a couple of very nice ripe mangoes. Peel and chop them. Then add one half cup of each of the following: finely chopped sweet red pepper, fresh cilantro (also chopped) and crushed pineapple (fresh would be nice if can, otherwise canned). To this, add one quarter cup of finely chopped sweet Maui (or Vidalia) onion. Then add salt and pepper and freshly squeezed lime juice to taste. If your taste buds can stand it, you could also add some finely chopped Jalapeno pepper. Mix it all up and you've got some ono grinds!

I think it's really good without the Jalapeno pepper, but some folks like to burn out their mouths...So do as you please, but by all means enjoy it. This is nice with broiled fish. I'm not much of a cook, but I can make this! I'm good at chopping and mixing...!

No comments: